Friday, January 26, 2024

Life And Death


 I've seen both at close quarters,

And I'm happy to report,


Neither has made me bitter,

Or made me a quitter,


The empath in me became stronger,

And colours suddenly appeared brighter,


Picture Daredevil, with the heightened senses,

I no longer have the patience for pretenses,


In widowhood was born,

A version of me that didn't want to mourn,


My mind has erased all the trauma,

I have undergone,


A full cleanse,

Almost telling me, that my current existence,

Is how life has always been,

And I can't seem to remember any other spin,


I'm told I'm a fighter,

And that I bounced out of this brighter,


Someone called me a light,

That dispelled the night,


Someone even called me a museum piece and claimed I made her laugh,

I'll own this last one, wholeheartedly on my behalf.

No comments: