Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Hello Late Husband

 

My dearest poopie,

It's been a while since I spiralled down that rabbit hole of self-pity, wondering why you left so soon. This is not a cribby note, you never had the patience for it anyway.

Let's start with Riaan, he's almost six now and has forgotten you. I'm sorry. That's on you really. He was two when you passed, so you can't really blame him. 

I'll be watching Deadpool and Wolverine on Saturday and I'll miss you, he was the only Marvel superhero you ever liked afterall.

Not broaching the subject of work, you'll probably just tell me to sit at home. My health is okay now. I'm off meat, can you believe it? You always did tell me to marry a vegetarian Gujarati boy. My diet now fully aligns with that. 

It's not hard being a single mom, I have my days. But I think I've mostly got it, thanks to amma and achan. 

I'm not a sound sleeper anymore. I wake up multiple times in the middle of the night and have livid dreams. It's like my brain does not want to shut down. 

It's a strange world we live in. You're lucky you didn't have to witness any of it. Or perhaps you did. 

Love, 
Poopie

No comments: