Saturday, October 05, 2024

Forgotten

Riaan no longer remembers you,
He swiped across a photo of you,

And asked who you were, 
My mind went into a blur,

I decided to let it slip,
As he continued to flip,

Across the photographs on my phone,
He looked at pictures and videos of his own,

Chuckling and giggling,
Calling himself cute, as he continued wriggling,

Next to me on bed,
I kissed him on his head,

With a sadness in my chest,
Your son has finally laid you to rest,

It's almost like you never existed for him,
He's pampered beyond recognition, all his whims,

Fulfilled, 
His life is filled,

With love and play,
His mind, a mouldable clay,

Forgetting you, 
Was perhaps his way of healing himself of you,

He's alright, our boy,
More mine now, than yours, he has a strong voice,

Opinionated and stubborn,
There are moments he gives me heartburn,

But he is alright, our boy,
Correction, my boy. 

No comments: