Friday, August 09, 2024

Feel All Your Feelings


I’m a big believer of this simple life mantra. Hold in your grief, trauma and insecurities and it will burst like a volcano all over yourself and others. Therefore, feel all your feelings. Just let it out. When my husband passed away close to three years ago, I didn’t feel all my feelings. Or maybe I did. I recall suppressing a lot of emotions, until one day I exploded and ultimately got hospitalized. That was my wake-up call to finally feel all my feelings.

It might sound absurd and ridiculous, but feeling all your feelings and letting it flow out like hot molten lava is the best thing to do if you want mental stability and peace of mind. Cry, when you want to cry. Scream, when you want to scream. Break things if you must. Channelizing helps to an extent, but ultimately, you’ve got to feel all your feelings.

The universe did you wrong, this should never have happened and you’re sad. So be sad. Cry yourself a river like Justin Timberlake rightly crooned. You’d think that spousal death at 34 with a 2-year-old to fend for is life’s biggest problem. I realized there was so much more ahead of me. I’ve become more hot-headed than ever; I snap faster than a twig and my patience and tolerance levels for stupidity have gone down to absolute zero.

Getting into a Zen-zone and turning into mini-Buddha is my next life goal. But for now, one day and one idiot at a time. Let people have it. The good ones get all my love and affection. The idiots get a solid bashing on their face or on their screens (depends on where they’ve reached out to me).

We’re all great people. God’s unique masterpieces. And no one in the world should make us feel like second best. Speak your mind. Be loud, inappropriate and get out there and do things you truly love. Ultimately everything will fall into place. If not, you’ll still figure it out because human beings are survivors at their very core. We generally pass every single litmus test in the world, statistically speaking.

Look at all the faffing I did up there and you believed it. As I said, speak your mind, even if it’s garbage. Someone’s garbage is another man’s gold.  So, keep being you, keep spewing garbage or gold, depending on who is listening, reading and watching.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: