Friday, August 23, 2024

Riaan's Eyelashes


A topic of discussion, as endless as his lashes,

"Ooh" and "aah" go the ladies, with mere flashes,


Of my baby boy's lashes,

The volume of clashes,


With the belief that women deserve thick curly lashes,

While boys end up in silly brawls and bike crashes,


"Who did you get such pretty lashes from? Mom or dad?", asked his hairdresser,


At that exact moment, I felt a tightening in my chest,

"His father has long been laid to rest",


Words that never escaped my mouth,

Instead I looked at my beautiful boy and his toothless mouth,


Grinning at me beatifically,

His tiny feet pattering,


At great speed towards me,

We belong to each other, that much I could guarantee,


As he enveloped me in a warm cuddle,

His freshly cut hair, reaching my tummy, we stood there in a quiet huddle,


My baby boy and his lashes,

Has everyone's heart in a tizzy, in mere flashes. 

No comments: