Monday, August 12, 2024

Lizard Run


As the morning rains, pitter-pattered against my window,

My mind recalled my baby's crazy lizard chase and follow,


He kept at it vigorously with a feather duster,

My brave little 5 year old, with all the courage he could muster,


Witnessing his screechy mom,

He decided to chase the lizard with aplomb, 


"You shouldn't be scared of small animals mumma",

He said, like a baby alpha,


The mini-man of my house,

Engaged in a game of cat and mouse,


With the nasty little lizard, who had buried himself in my cupboard,

Not once did he shudder,


Or back down, from his lizard chase,

But it was a case,


That had no conclusion,

The search goes on for the elusive lizard whose absence fills our minds with confusion,


Is he still in the cupboard or not,

We'll never know, until he's caught,


A moment's applause now for my mighty tot,

For trying hard to chase away the lizard from every spot.

No comments: