Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Poopie


It's strange to hear you being referred to as Rajarshi and Raj,
You were always poopie for me and I for you, we were a perfect match,

Or so I thought,
Love is enough, is what I had been taught,

I put us on a pedestal,
In hindsight, a silly act, very regrettable,

We were not alike,
You had a strong dislike,

To exercise and going to bed early,
You prioritised work more than family, you were hardly sorry,

While meeting your unrealistic goals,
I had goals too, but I was a damn fool,

To have invested in family instead,
A mistake, I'll never indulge in, as I forge ahead,

My son and my work,
Have equal parts in my heart,

Unlike you, whose heart only beat for people pleasing,
Hardly pausing,

To see the damage of your actions,
No wonder, God ripped us apart and hurled us in different directions,

Rest in peace,
Now watch me and my son, do as we please. 

No comments: