Thursday, October 01, 2026

Rasa Gulla: The Song I Can't Decide Whether to Love or Hate


This annoyingly catchy song has been stuck in my head ever since I heard it last weekend — "Rasgulla" from the movie "Hi". Pronounced as “Rasa” “Gulla”.

Honestly, one half of me wants to catch hold of whoever wrote this song and say, “How dare you compare a woman to a rasgulla, you buffoon?” The other half wishes, “Why can’t someone write a song like this for me?”

I’m so confused about whether I love or hate this song, but the fact of the matter is, I cannot stop listening to it for the life of me.

The song glorifies the boy’s unrequited love for the girl. He considers her to be a gift sent straight from heaven, and he sings, “Nandri Arogaraa, for my Nayantharaa!”

At this point, I’m not sure whether to tear out my exactly two strands of hair or rewind the song and listen to it again — audio and video intact, mind you.

So, listen to "Rasa Gulla" today and let me know whether you’re equally annoyed and amused by it, or whether you simply love it and want to sing it for your crush.

No comments: