The Monday that follows immediately after a long weekend really is a drag. It’s equivalent to eating a sizzling brownie without ice cream, gajar halwa minus a generous dousing of ghee, or idli without chutney — you get the drift. It truly sucks all our souls dry — this particular Monday has us scratching our heads mournfully, wondering what the meaning of life is.
Mini and I shuffled our feet back into a whole week of work and school — me pretending to be happy and him being grouchy (but nothing new there when it comes to his emotions regarding school and working days, with or without a lovely long weekend).
I’ve decided to dive deep into it and count the hours down to 6 pm, because the only way through pain is the pain itself. Let’s survive this Monday and stare at our holiday calendars with hope and desire for the next bunch of long weekends and holidays that are fast approaching us over the coming weeks.
We’ve got this, ladies and gents — with and without sugar. I’m still off sugar, by the way, only on the weekdays. Weekend sugars don’t count.
No comments:
Post a Comment