Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Let a Woman Go Wild for Lunch

Let a woman go wild for lunch and she will. I purposely didn't pack lunch from home today and rediscovered my two long-lost best friends — carbs and sugar.

Started off very healthy, of course, with a dish called a "breakfast bowl". True to its name, it had just the right amount of protein, perfect to kickstart the day, which I decided to eat for lunch today.

Then I moved on to a bakery right next door and popped in a butter chicken croissant, chilli chicken quiche, a dark chocolate cookie and a hazelnut cappuccino.

Ah, the beauty of slow lunches bang in the middle of a typical working day — what a pleasure! This world is brand new to me, thanks to my remote-working setup for the past two years, which has abruptly come to an end.

To take myself out like this on solo dates, people-watch and eat like a little piggy. Sigh and sigh! This is the life.

For the next 30-odd minutes, I'm not going to think about the pile of documents waiting for me on multiple trackers to sort out and complete.

For now, I'm a free bird, flying wild, wilder than the great blue skies can envelop me in. On that note, no wonder my personal trainer wants to quit on me.

Her question of, "Why don't you ever lose weight?" has finally been answered in one gluttonous working afternoon.

No comments: