Tuesday, September 22, 2026

The Great Blister Battle: Ekalavya Without Dronacharya

My right thumb has a big, ugly yellow blister today, and I've had to type, eat, feed a tiny human, pack the aforementioned human's tiffin box, and tackle a whole list of activities for the day.

I feel like a Dronacharya-less Ekalavya today. Apparently, every single finger on our hands is important — even typing this piece out is painful.

I either scraped it yesterday while picking up dumbbells from my dumbbell rack or while latching cupboard doors. The blister is ugly and yellow. On a scale of 10, I'd rate the pain a solid 7.5 (the remaining 2.5 is me pretending to be Xena the Warrior Princess for the day).

I've been told to apply Vicks or Tiger Balm by the mothership. I'm hoping that works. Otherwise, I'll continue to be a useless Ekalavya who didn't even master archery for the week.

Not being able to scoop up food while eating has been my greatest sorrow today. My bite sizes are so tiny, I could cry.

Go away, blister! Shoo! Scram!

No comments: