Shina and I are up to our usual crazy, haphazard Mission Impossible plans, with nine out of ten getting cancelled. But this is a big one, and if we manage to make it happen successfully, it will be quite something. So, I spewed all my anxiety at her at 5.30 pm, to which she promptly replied at 9.30 pm in the affirmative, with words that went something like, “I won’t ditch you. We will figure it out.”
I replied at 4 am the next morning with a kiss and invisible tears in my eyes.
Such green flags for friends I have.
Moving on to Devyani now. There isn’t a single playdate, irrespective of whether I’m physically around or not, that she hasn’t involved Riaan in. An entire day out of play across parks, play zones and restaurants is taken care of by his makeshift mommy of the day – Devyani aunty, aka Agu’s mother.
Honestly, what would I do without these two women in my life? One takes care of my child, and together they try to fulfil all my crazy desires to the best of their abilities.
They say well-behaved women don’t make history. By that logic, I hate to break it to you, but we’re all very well-raised and well-behaved women. And I think we’re all creating history in our own ways – at home, at work and everywhere in between that we set our minds to.
I wonder what these two women will talk about when they finally meet. One will probably talk about the pre-married me, and together they can talk about widowed me and mommy me.
Sigh.
I love the fact that they both love me, because there are moments when I don’t love me, and they remind me why I should.
No comments:
Post a Comment