Case in point: my 7-year-old.
He indulges in the naughtiest of acts and then promptly tells my mother, “But my mumma told me I can do it.” At this point, I step in and give him some solid, 24-carat rebel advice:
“That's right, I did. But do it intelligently — without getting caught, noticed or making a ruckus about it.”
The thing about being a rebel without a cause is that we feel deeply. Our EQs are up there on Mount Kailash, alongside Lord Shiva, as he occasionally smokes up and chills with Nandi and Parvati.
Like Shiva, we rebels lose our shit occasionally and then calm down at the same speed at which we lost our shit. The mood swings really swing. But trust me blindly when I say this: our hearts truly are gold.
So here's to always being a rebel without a cause, while keeping our focus on the greater cause intact.
It's okay to indulge in a little Rudra Tandav once in a while and let all that steam out.
Rage, if you know how to control it, is actually not a bad thing. It can heal and bring you back to normalcy. So go ahead and rage — as long as you know how to cool down, collect yourself and find your way back to normalcy.
No comments:
Post a Comment