There are the scammers who claim they'll come and visit you in a week. Then there are the enthu cutlets who actually do fly down to see you in a week. There are the endless texters who "want to go with the flow" at 40+, and there's everything in between as well.
I'm sure there are wonderful, honest-to-God lovely people out there too, whom I've met and with whom I've either remained friends or mostly lost touch. Because, let's face it, this is a dating app, not "let's build a collection of random friends" like a Barbie doll set where the entire collection is complete.
A job, a man, a house and a baby will all find you when you're ready and when it's absolutely the right time. Until then, I'm off the apps for good. Swiping right and left is just not for me.
For those who have found love using these impossible apps, good for you. I'm genuinely happy for you. As for the rest of us, let us also remain happy, because the skies and the oceans are still a lovely blue and the whole world remains within our reach to explore.
All we have to do is pack our bags and get out.
On that note, such lovely gyaan I give day in and day out while I hardly practise any of it myself. But it's on my bucket list, starting this year, to go back to doing wild and youthful things — such as standing in the middle of a 1,000-person concert and singing along with the band on stage, maybe getting on a bike again and hopefully not needing pinhole surgery for a busted shoulder, and many more demented things such as these.
Here's to staying young and wild forever, with or without a partner!
No comments:
Post a Comment