Friday, January 29, 2010

Amazon.com


I had no idea what Amazon.com was until June 28th 2009, I prepped myself well for the interview, by brushing up on a few known facts about the company. The added bonus was the location - same complex as my gym and 15 minutes from home. It was reason enough for me to take up the job.

For the first one month, i soaked up all the food coupons worth a little more than a grand and the pick up and drop cab rides.

By the second month, i made some friends - friends, who I never really thought I'd get close to.

Today was my last day at Amazon and some of those friends who I thought I would never get close to, became my close confidants and best friends.

I'm sad today - sad about leaving a lovely organization full of beautiful people. I was thrown a fantastic farewell with the works - cake (which ended up more on my face and less inside my tummy), noise, gifts and a fairly huge gathering of boys and girls.

I was overwhelmed with bittersweet feelings, I cried at 4:58 dot, in front of one of my colleagues and walked away slowly, out the doors of a company I can't call mine anymore.

I'll miss you Amazon.com, you will always stay close to my heart.

2 comments:

totalliemeh said...

finally! i read your posts, lose the link, find your name on a wedding invitation,see you in that dashing saree, come home wondering why the name is so familiar, smacks head when i find your link again, exclaims " it is a small world after all" and wait for more posts.

:)

just dropping by to say-awesome blog.

TheInfiniteEphemeral said...

Happy Birthday Gayatri