Tuesday, July 04, 2017

My Little Vivi


You were a bundle of blue,
When I first laid my eyes on you,

I had to tip-toe around you,
So that you wouldn't let out an angry coo,

You will always be my first child,
This I knew, from the moment you smiled,

I'd like to believe, I was your favourite aunt, 
Even before you could say the word plant, 

I miss your baby gurgles,
And the way you wobbled around in circles,

You prefer playing with uncle Raj now,
But forget me never, yours forever, aunty wow. 

Writer's Note : This cheeky poem is on my nephew, Vivaan. We've spent countless precious hours playing, conversing and coochicooing with each other. In the recent past though, he prefers the company of boys and children his age. He finds me (his ancient aunt) to be rather uncool and boring. 

No comments: