Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Barbecue Sauce


Our weekly trips to Pizza Express,

Came flashing in my head, as I ate American Garden, Barbecue Sauce mixed with cucumber, I must confess,


My taste in food,

Has aligned with yours, for good,


I made fun of your obsession with gourmet restaurants,

And your favourite snooty, eating haunts,


But I long to go back to them now,

Secretly hoping to catch you eating your favourite beef bao,


Unable to hate you, however hard I try,

You are everywhere, in a bottle of sauce and my tears that have gone dry,


How can I hate an irrevocable part of me,

You will forever be inside me and our little bee,


I want to run away from you,

But your crazy laughter is stuck inside my head, like a stubborn piece of glue,


I want to hate you,

I really, really do,


I want to forget and forgive,

But I’m filled with a void, I didn’t want this life, one that I have to live,


Without you.

No comments: