Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Our Wedding Video


Saw our wedding video today, from start to end,

We couldn’t quite comprehend,


What we were getting ourselves into,

Had we bitten off more than we could chew?


Yet, we had waited so patiently for this very day,

To pan out beautifully and play,


The game of life together, hand in hand,

To fight anything thrown our way, planned and unplanned,


We tried, didn’t we?

We really did. Then why did you flee?


When death came knocking,

You should have kept walking,


With your head held high, 

Instead you closed your eyes,


And didn’t give us a chance to say goodbye,

Your son keeps asking me why,


You haven’t taken your office bag along with you,

He still doesn’t have a clue,


About why and where you’ve gone,

He’s convinced you’re lost in the office. He emphasises this thought, every night, before his final yawn,


I cried buckets today, as he played,

He watched in silence and finally laid,


All his toys out in front of me,

And told me to pick one of them, 


To play,

So I decided to stay,


In that moment, with our son,

Our innocent little bun,


Whose hands I must hold tight,

Until, he meets his someone right,


I’ll hand over my wedding ring to him that day,

And stay out of their way.

No comments: