Monday, February 07, 2022

Skewed Priorities


You could have been a legend,

Just like John Legend,


The only management consultant turned musician, you looked up to,

You showed me his work profile too,


And chuckled at his designation,

He was never meant to number crunch, he made multiple nations,


Swoon and croon to his tunes,

All day, all night and even in the afternoons,


The musician in you applauded him,

But you still chose to work on presentations, that made you grim,


Priorities and life choices,

I wish you stopped to listen to your inner mind’s voices,


Your heart always stayed with your guitars,

And playing massive concerts in fancy bars,


I wish, both your vocalists lived,

Maybe then, your musical ambitions wouldn’t have been so short-lived,


You fake cribbed, every time you played an out station show,

With the boys, but I know,


You loved the attention,

The adulation and the mention,


Of your music and bands,

You were more than willing to shake hands,


With fans and hero worshippers, 

Of your craft. You hated gossipers,


Considered them beings with low I.Q,

But what did you ever do, with your own high and mighty I.Q?


Us low I.Q folks are still alive,

Unlike you, whose memories only crash-dive,


My very existence, which has become a total joke now,

But I will not lower my head or bow,


Under the weight of your mistakes,

I might be broken now, but I’m not a flake,


Never was, never will be,

Same goes for our little bee,


His life will have meaning, 

His brain will slowly start weaning,


Memories of you,

He will not have a clue,


About his father,

And I wont bother,


Filling him on your lousy decisions,

He will be wiser and stronger, with much clearer visions,


For himself and his future,

One that I will enable him to build, then I’ll step back, unlike a greedy moocher,


You and I knew all too well,

Unfortunately, you allowed the moocher to dwell,


And pass opinions on our life,

Not anymore, never again, for I’m not a wife,


You closed that chapter for me,

Uprooted that beautiful tree,


That I so laboriously grew,

Along with you, the difference being, I always thought through,


All my decisions, keeping you in mind,

You, my very own husband and life, who took me for granted, despite being the very wind,


And stabilising force in your life,

What I ran, was your entire life,


From doctors appointments to haircuts to flower bouquets and gifts for “well wishers”,

You left it all to me. Is this your way of acknowledging all that I did, by making me wither,


Inside and out,

Just like a ripe paddy field, stuck in a never ending drought. 

No comments: