Thursday, February 10, 2022

Spiral


I’m unsure about when exactly your downward spiral of destruction,

Began to unfurl, it was purely an act of self infliction,


Did it begin with the lockdown?

Is that when you began to burn down?


Did it begin when the baby was born?

When you had to face my sleep deprived, scorn?


Did it began when both your vocalists died?

Leaving your brain, musically deprived and fried,


You were very dissatisfied,

With all your achievements, you wanted more and more, until you just collapsed and died,


When would the madness have ended?

Why couldn’t you see, that your life was already so splendid,


I blame no one for your death, but you,

If I were you,


I would have snapped out of that tempting forever snooze,

Knowing well, that I had everything to lose,


Was rising up the ladder, the only thing that ever mattered?

It came at the cost of your mind, body and soul getting battered,


Your death has only proved once again, that no one is indispensable in this world,

The anguish of your death, was experienced by your innocent child, who lay curled,


On your suitcase,

The square box, found itself in his tight little embrace,


His heart and mind, in a forever debate,

From where I stand, you’ve cheated him straight,


Out of a happy childhood, you’ve left him fatherless,

I can’t fill your shoes, all I can do is ensure he never feels motherless,


They say souls are feelingless beings,

But you did unforgivable things, even as a human being,


I cannot forgive you, not today, tomorrow or ever, 

Your son is clever,


He will move on,

Soon, he won’t remember you or where you’ve gone,


I won’t bother reminding him about you, until he asks,

Because, talking about you is an agonising task.

No comments: