Friday, February 04, 2022

Nuts N Spices

The most interesting grocery shop in Chennai, 

The equivalent to Mumbai’s Nature Basket, that can quickly make a shopper’s wallet run dry,


The baby picked up Pringles, I had a staring contest with Raw Pressery, Valencia Orange juice,

Next, my eyes fell upon 4700 BC Himalayan Salted Caramel Popcorn and Kimchi noodles of all varieties, mass produced, 


Racks filled with Veeba Sriracha Chilli Garlic sauce didn’t help,

Baba’s big blue car sped past us, making me instantly yelp,


You are everywhere, 

In the very air,


That I breathe, 

The anger in me that boils over and seethes, 


Is pointless,

In the face of a future, that looks bleak and useless,


How am I supposed to live,

Or feel alive,


With you just gone,

I thought I always had you, to count on,


Forever, 

But my heart feels severed, 


Or maybe, I don’t have a heart anymore,

Conversations with people are such a chore,


But your son keeps yapping all day,

Constantly showing me the way,


To lead the rest of my life,

One that doesn’t involve being a wife,


He snaps me out of my reverie, 

Forces me to switch off my random access memory,


Memories filled with you,

No point, letting him see that I’ve turned cuckoo,


He has his own share of sadness,

To deal with, he must overcome and rise out of the darkness.

No comments: