Saturday, February 19, 2022

Garlanded Photo


It felt unnatural to select a picture of you,

Excluding me and baby boo,


Throwing a garland or ten on it,

Had me in splits,


Because you looked ridiculous without us,

In the midst of all that marigold mess,


A photo like that indicates your death,

But you’re still alive, in all my breaths,


You dwell inside my anger and my pain,

And all the other moments that have me feeling drained,


You’re alive,

Beyond a silly looking photo frame, 


Every wall inside my parent’s house has our wedding photo,

Each time I glance at it, time stands motionlessly still and slow,


It’s impossible to forget your crinkly smile,

And your smelly fingers, that I haven’t whiffed in a while,


I held your hands for as long as I could,

Before you went up in flames for good,


But that doesn’t mean you’re dead,

Your soul has merely fled,


 Your mortal being,

Forever compromising my state of mind and well-being,


I miss you, 

Infinitely more than Po misses Master Shifu. 

No comments: