Thursday, December 29, 2022

22 Lessons 2022 Taught Me

1. You are alone and no one can fix that, except you

2. No one really understands what you're going through, except you

3. Having a child is not a consolation prize next to a dead husband

4. However, being a parent is the greatest gift 

5. Your memories never really fade, instead they play on an endless loop, like background music waiting for the volume to be cranked up or down

6. You end up having to bear the weight of your dead spouse's decisions, alone, for the rest of your life

7. Even with an army of well-wishers and loving family by your side, you're alone, because no one can replace your young husband

8. You really want to give one last whack on your late husband's head, because what was he thinking really?

9. Did I really know this person of 14 years?

10. Was it all just a dream?

11. Can I ever find happiness again?

12. Just like life, death is messy and complicated too

13. You can't forgive or forget 

14. Coming back to my parental home was the best and the worst thing that happened to me. Best, because my child is surrounded by so much love and an overdose of pampering. Worst, because I've become an oversized infant all over again. 

15. Work is great, but long weekends are even greater

16. There is no such thing as work-life balance. There is only maddening, bone-crushing, never-ending work. 

17. Everything reminds me of my late husband - starting with the morning fog to the crickets chirping in the night

18. It sucks that he can never see his child growing up

19. Once the romance fades, there's a pile of household chores, office-work and baby-work. If you're a partner who doesn't contribute in easing this load, then there's a problem

20. I no longer believe in the magic of love, because it got me widowed 

21. Forgiving my dead husband is not in the cards anytime soon

22. I can never be at peace with his untimely death 

No comments: