Thursday, February 08, 2024

A Meaty Feast


Food makes me delirious,

The mood instantly becomes less serious,


The chatter becomes more garbled,

Just like all the mish-mash of food that was gobbled,


Prawn 65, kola urundai, mutton stew,

Bread halwa, chicken curry and copious amounts of rice that will make you want to stay,


Each meat had a distinct flavour,

A crispy crunch, a gooey slurp, a soothing sip, each bite a decadent favour,


To the eager mind,

More than the body, that's screaming, "you're mad!",


"Stop stuffing me up",

Unless you want to go straight up,


But live, I must,

For there's still so much more delicate meat in the world that cannot be missed,


Eat, I will,

And then sleep well,


For that's the natural order of things,

Eat, sleep, repeat, food is one of my favourite things,


The easiest way into my heart,

Is through food, pure art,


On a plate, 

You can be early or late,


But feed me,

And I just may,


Become your friend for life.

No comments: