Monday, February 12, 2024

Next Life Dreams

It's good to be ambitious, 

No need to be judicious,


When dreaming a little dream,

But what if I told you all my dreams ran out of steam,


I always wanted to be an actress,

Dance around a few trees, earn a couple of crores, but my eating and figure were both disastrous,


Next, I wanted to work in Pizza Hut,

Just to gobble down half a dozen pizzas and stuff my gut,


I genuinely wanted to join the army,

But was fiercely dissuaded by mommy,


I wanted to be a journalist,

But my salary could hardly cover all the samosas I gobbled in chutney mixed with chillies and mint,


I wanted to be a sexy mermaid,

Once again, I got played,


Why be half fish and half woman,

Just to be deep fried and eaten by man,


I wanted to be a space cowboy,

But the job is apparently for a boy,


Dream a little dream,

Make sure they don't run out of steam.

No comments: