Saturday, February 17, 2024

My Sweet Little Boy


My sweet little boy,

Who took refuge in his toys,


When days got weird and dark,

He never lost his spark,


He had some clue,

Of the life changing events unfolding around him, and he seemed blue,


Each time he witnessed an adult having a  meltdown,

He looked upset and down,


At two years old,

He could sense the chill and the cold,


Of darkness and death,

That took away everyone's breath,


Over two years down,

He's forgotten most of what ensued and is quite a clown,


I'm not sure if I'm giving him a happy childhood,

I had to roll up and become two parents overnight,


I drowned myself at work,

And decided to make it work,


This is our situation and it's not a bad one,

I've hopefully instilled in my son,


The importance of never backing down or giving up,

Life is never pefect, it's random and abrupt,


We'll face it all,

And always stand tall.

No comments: