Friday, February 09, 2024

Insomnia



The brain has not shut up since 4.30AM,

On weekdays it's asleep till 4.30P.M,


Gulmohar Malare has been playing in my head,

However hard I try to rest in bed,


It's been a mishmash of craving poha and wanting to tell Prasanth,

No bro, dupattas cannot be tied around any man,


When women themselves find it annoying,

It's scratchy around the neck, and was meant only for destroying,


I've burnt all three of mine,

Archaic, it's design,


And pointless it's existence,

I have been consistent in my resistance,


Of not wearing dupattas,

Now tell me what is Gulmohar Malare,


And most importantly where have I heard this annoying song,

I find it strange that I'm singing along,


Get out of my head you funny song,

You're in the wrong,


Find another brain to haunt,

For I just want,


To catch up on my beauty sleep,

Find some other brain to creep,


Zzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: