Friday, February 09, 2024

Bread Halwa


Is there anything more decadent than bread halwa,

In the world of halwas,


No, no and no,

Come to think of it, even Shahi tukda is fabulous you know,


Bread, sugar, milk, ghee and butter,

What's not to love, you instantly feel less bitter,


The world is a happier place again,

Suddenly your inner strength regains,


Some sugar and carbs,

Is all it takes to make your heart soar like the birds,


If you've seen babies on sugar high,

You haven't seen me fly,


With a little bit of sugar in my system,

My entire being glistens,


Sugar, my darling sugar,

I wish you weren't such a nasty bugger,


All my meals would have started and ended with you,

Now I find myself sneaking a chocolate or two,


Whenever the brain is fried,

And I instantly dream of ghee fried,


Crushed, crumbled and crispy,

Bread based desserts, that I'm sure I'll gobble way beyond fifty.

No comments: