Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nerdville..

After 21 years, 25 days and a few minutes here and there (i suck at math, so kindly adjust) later, I'm guilty as charged. I'm a nerd!

I just wrote a paper which I presumed, I hadn't crammed much for. But the minute the question paper was handed to me, my hand shot out like a missile and I finished dot on time. I underlined all the key words, scratched out the wrong words neatly with a pencil, erased all the unnecessary lines out etc. I walked out of the exam hall, with a very elated feeling.

Now, that doesn't make me a nerd. Yes? No? Maybe the next few lines, would change your mind.

I have a Lion King pencil box, (rectangular shaped and light blue) with a small scale, eraser, sharper and 1 small dark green pencil the size of my little finger. My college gear, I'd like to call them. While most people sleep during a lecture, or pretend to listen and space out, I actually listen to every word that comes out of the lecturer's mouth, I take down notes in my school note book (yes, thats right, I still have 25 of my school note books left) and I underline everything with my pencil and my little scale.

"Gayatri, you're such a nerd man. " quoted my friends with sad, disgusted shakes of their heads. I agree. Guilty as charged ladies, guilty as charged.

On the plus side though, I'd make a hot nerd eh? (Yes, I'm fishing for compliments, I'm from fish land after all, if I don't fish, who will?)

7 comments:

Vadapoche said...

Wow!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my NERD friend.. NERD i say.. wat hot.. wat crap.. dnt fish i say.. LOL..

Karthick said...

Well ,there is absolutely nothing wrong to fish for compliments..
everyone does it...of course as long as the compliments complies with your own assets.

Bungz said...

Ummm... I considered it beneath me to even draw margins on my answer sheet. I only folded the paper to mark the margin. And i took only two or three pens to the exam hall...

Vadapoche said...

Hey bungi!!!!! Attagirl!!!There was this girl in class who came with all those colour pens and sketches and scales and what have you. But I must credit her for a beautiful handwriting that floored our lecturers every time.

Gayatri!!!! You are a little scary!

Anonymous said...

was that the same pencil with which you poked ritu's ear?

Anish said...

Oh yaaaa ... surely a nerd.... :)