Sunday, December 26, 2021

Stay Strong


Quite sick of hearing this little tit-bit,
Ever since God forced you and I to split,

Have you lost your 35 year old spouse?
Felt suffocated in your own house?

Did your better half go for an important meeting?
And leave the client's office with a heart that stopped beating?

Have you pushed your soulmate into the fire?
And felt tempted to jump into the pyre?

Have you rubbed ghee on his entire body?
In a crematorium that looked utterly shabby?

Have you smelt the ashes of the love of your life?
Listen long and hard when I tell you this, I AM A WIFE! 

My strength was my husband,
I'm barely able to stand, 

So please, I BEG YOU, stop telling me to be strong,
It sounds like a very badly composed song!

2 comments:

anu said...

you can draw from his strength still

Unknown said...

Very true Gayatri