However cliché it might sound, Indian offices, whether we like it or not, are in fact a home away from home, and our corporate families are exactly that - a family away from the ones we have at home. After two years of remote working, stepping back into the organization that hired me in late 2024 did feel like a homecoming. All my colleagues rushed to greet me, asked me about my son, and wondered what I was doing in the office in the first place.
It was a warm, cozy feeling to know and experience that people had in fact not forgotten me. My floor is lively and vibrant with the constant chattering of people, and I added to the confusion yesterday talking about funky hair colors and tattoos and where to get them.
Daily Vibe Breakdown:
1)Morning (Until 12:00 PM): Everyone is focused on work.
2)Afternoon (After 12:30 PM): The lunch break sets in.
3)Late Afternoon (3:00 PM): Everyone gets ready to head back home in the next three to four hours.
Despite all the distractions, I was still hyper-focused at work and managed to get a lot more done as opposed to when I work from home, where I have to juggle home responsibilities as well. All in all, it was a memorable day one back at the office for me, and I look forward to the rest of the week going by as peacefully as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment