Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Pain


The logical side of my brain,

Has come to terms with the pain,


A huge part of me is forever broken,

And I’ll always be heartbroken,


I constantly recall conversations with you,

And try to view,


Everything from your shoes,

Speaking of shoes, I remember that milky white Lacoste pair, that endured much abuse,


With constant wear and tear,

Your sense of fashion, was as peculiar as your obsession with drinking beer, 


I’m slowly learning to live in your eternal absence, 

Earlier the absence,


Was temporary, you blamed it on your profession,

Let’s face facts now, you hated even the mildest exercise sessions, 


You paid no heed to your health,

I’m sure you didn’t run behind wealth,


You were not that person,

But as I saw you rise up the ladder, I saw you worsen,


From a polite, soft spoken man,

To a cut-throat, egotistical madman,


Your promotions scared me,

It gave you the license to flee,


From fatherhood, music and all the little things,

That truly plucked at your heart strings,


I miss you,

And your obsession with strange pairs of shoes. 

No comments: