Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Rebirth


“He is with you”,

I haven’t heard words more inane, senseless and untrue,


No one is with you, once the soul is freed from the body,

So it’s best to maintain silence, than come across as stupidly shoddy,


I don’t want condolences,

For a man, who didn’t know how to create a life that was filled with balance,


I did love him,

And foolishly stood by all his unreasonable whims,


I digress, this is about me,

The parent who didn’t choose to flee,


I will continue to remain so,

And go with the flow,


I’m stronger today,

Than the 6th of December in Bombay,


The very thought of the city, fills me with nothing but sadness,

I’m glad I chose to walk away from that madness,


There is no need for pretences anymore,

I choose to walk away from people, whose very existence on Earth is an eyesore,


If there is a God,

He or she is with me, for I have seen this squad,


Fall flat on their face,

Each time they tried to suffocate me, in my own space,


To hell with them,

I pray they break like fragile pieces of bread crumbs,


Their egos, self righteousness and fake authority over our life,

Has perhaps costed you, your life,


Do you realise that at least now, now that you are a soul?

Or if my gut is right, you are already whole,


Back on Earth,

With a glorious re-birth,


I wish you well, 

Until we meet again, in a time and place, where I can once again be your belle,


Love you,

Even now, when the thought of you breaks me in two. 

No comments: