Monday, September 19, 2022

Goodbye


"Will baba jump down from the stars? Then will his die go away?"
"Will you also disappear in the office, one day?"

Questions asked by my three year old,
Who watched his father's body turn cold,

"Just cry, whenever you miss him",
"Let your tears fill to the brim",

I retort, looking at his sad beady eyes,
My boy is wise,

Life has already hardened him,
His only mistake was madly loving a father who had stubborn, unrealistic whims,

My son will be better,
He won't drop dead in the middle of a working day, but that doesn't mean he won't be a go-getter,

He won't abandon a 34 year old wife,
And a 2.11 year old son, for some idiotic ratrace of life,

He will have a spine too,
And stand firmly by his family, without turning blue,

I don't miss you anymore,
Your memories, I don't wish to store,

I want our son to forget you too,
For memories of you, only make him and me, feel blue.

No comments: