Monday, February 28, 2022

Ghosts


You never believed in guardian angels or ghosts,

Yet, you came back to make me take an oath,


To keep living,

You told me to be a little more forgiving,


To keep breathing,

You indicated that you were leaving,


In the most serene manner,

You looked so happy, that I didn’t have the heart to clangour,


On and on, about why you shouldn’t leave,

You had made up your mind, you always wore your heart on your sleeve,


In death and in life,

I must understand as your wife,


You shared all your secrets with me in life,

That’s the least you can expect from me now, even if my heart is riddled with strife,


I must let you go,

So that you can continue to grow,


In the soul plane,

Until we meet again,


I know we will meet,

I'll recognize you, even before we greet,


Thank you for staying back, for a month more,

It must have been quite a chore,


But I'm so glad that you did.

No comments: