Monday, October 17, 2022

Mom Guilt


Two missed calls from my son's pre-school,
Seconds before my presentation. Life is cruel,

I thought, then it got worse,
"Riaan is crying", said his teacher, my mind instantly decided to traverse,

"He is missing you", she continued,
I wanted to flee from my workshop and quickly discontinue,

The two and a half day event,
"Distract yourself and make the presentation, quickly put your mind out of torment",

Guided my boss,
The moment, I wrapped up my part, I called my baby, who sounded far from cross,

He was happy and content,
He was in no mood to vent,

While he can talk a mile a minute, my boy doesn't open up and speak his mind,
A disturbing trait, that leaves me feeling helpless and blind,

Time, something his late father never gave him,
I'm slowly creeping down the same path and it leaves me feeling grim,

I pray, he has a happy childhood,
One where he always feels understood,

That's all I want for my baby boy,
An abundance of joy.

No comments: