Sunday, February 25, 2024

Bailey's


Chocolate, original, strawberry, espresso and hazelnut,

Every flavour drives me nuts,


I fell in love with this decadent drink,

In a blink,


It was greed at first sip,

And then it never left my lips,


22 blissful years,

With this bottle, she's always lent me a patient ear,


Of course, Bailey's is a woman,

Sweet, but packs a punch, a burst of flavours, far from wooden,


Almost missed my brother's wedding in its entirety, 

Because I was lying blissfully drunk in various corners of the house, 


Much to my mother's annoyance,

I appeared joyous,


Despite her verbal thrashing,

And non verbal thrashing,


Which had no effect on me apparently,

I was fast asleep and quite pleasantly,


My bottle of Bailey's and I,

We've always seen eye to eye,


She's seen me though my teens,

And always been behind the scenes,


Through smiles and tears,

My Bailey's has stuck with me through the years. 

No comments: