Monday, February 19, 2024

Powerful Mondays


Mondays, they either bring you down,

Or leave you feeling like you deserve a crown,


After the lull of the weekend,

You're forced to plug back in, with full guns blazing from all ends,


Monday is a strange mixture of happiness,

And anxiousness,


You feel like a fresher straight out of college,

Who has limited knowledge,


On how to behave,

What if you dig your own grave,


Oh wait, I do that everyday,

Monday through Sunday,


Despite the leg kicks under the table,

And signals to shut up and leave, I'm simply unable,


To be diplomatic or politically correct,

Lesson learnt, I announce, if I want to say something nasty and then I'm told to either change the subject,


Or dive right in,

My heart's always been on my sleeve, I speak from within,


Not a great trait,

On weary/powerful Mondays when folks are just beginning to think straight. 

No comments: