Thursday, February 15, 2024

Mini-Me


My sweet little baby,

Who refuses to sleep without me and drives me crazy,


Today, he's all grown up, with two little wings,

Not kidding about the wings,


He's a firefly,

Just about to take the stage and deliver a few lines without feeling shy,


He's bold as brass,

Naughtiest in his class,


How fast did my little one grow,

Where did all the time go,


Just yesterday I gave birth to a pre-term baby,

And today he's all set to light up the stage with his crazy,


He's a loony one,

My little fellow, his idea of fun,


Is strange and absurd,

Most of his games will have you feeling dizzy and blurred,


On one hand, he still scratches the bathroom door while I'm having a bath,

On the other, he's already carving his own path,


He's an odd mixture of baby and mini-man,

His mind always filled with devious plans,


Blink and you'll find toilet paper ripped all over the floor,

Turn and you'll find a toy inside the flush, but who is keeping score,


I'm off to watch my firefly take stage,

I'll try not to shed a tear from backstage. 

No comments: