Sunday, February 13, 2022

Baggage


I’m being “advised” to behave in a dignified manner,

To stop my dead husband clanger,  


To keep my private life, private,

But your death was hardly private,


Every strip of my dignity has been shred, along with your last breath,

By you, your “well wishers” and your untimely death,


I can’t be dignified and I won’t apologise,

For all the lows, highs,


And the in-between emotions I’m feeling,

I’m not healing,


Not even a little bit,

I can’t “cool it”,


I know you’re not coming back,

But I’m secretly hoping, my anger will have a ripple effect in the soul plane and hit you with a smack,


I’m sad,

And my sadness is driving me mad,


So spare me the judgement,

And stop monitoring my movements,


I’ll live the rest of my life,

The way I want to, I’m answerable to no one, except my son, who will also move on with his life. 

No comments: