Monday, February 21, 2022

Waves


It hits me in waves, your absence,

It kills me, this melancholic silence,


You were always hesitant to reach out to me,

When I was filled with an anger, that was this beastly,


I suppose there are no brownies in heaven,

And you’ve finished all your lives on earth, a total number of seven,


So you’ve forgotten how it’s like to be human,

Or that I was your “main poopie bird” and crewman,


Obviously my aching heart or the fact that I’ve fallen apart,

Holds no meaning to your fresh start,


As a soul,

I’m sure you are on leisurely strolls,


With your friends and family in heaven,

Your child’s obsession,


Over your absence,

Is certainly not eating into your conscience,


You haven’t visited us in days,

Is this your way of telling us, that we’ve forever parted ways?


Can I not expect anything from you anymore?

Are you truly no more?


Are you not cheering me on?

As I struggle to get out of bed each dawn?


Are you not holding your son’s hands?

As he slowly understands,


That you’re forever lost, in time and space,

Without a trace.

No comments: