Monday, February 07, 2022

Hollow


The baby had his first professional haircut today,

You would have been overjoyed, watching him stay so calm, with every snip and spray, 


I knew you were there till the very end,

You signalled me, with your favourite song from “The Weekend”,


Before the haircut, we stepped into Miniso,

I picked up a sippy cup for the baby, that was really so,


Loud and pink,

You would’ve squinted and blinked,


At the girly shade,

But I promise, that was the only sippy cup, the shop had displayed,


Next, we went to your favourite coffee haunt, Starbucks,

Mum gasped in dismay and shuddered at the wasteful bucks,


Spent on tasteless coffee and an over sweet piece of chocolate cake, 

We went to Hamleys too and that’s when I really felt my heart break, 


The reality of my life hit me,

Which is, I’m always surrounded by people, but I’m hollow inside, like a honey less bee,


So many people to pick and choose from,

Except my man, my one and only, who had the power to make my heart drum,


Or should I say strum?

I can think of so many better ways, you could have used your fingers and thumb,


Your friends call you a musical genius,

I wish you were as ingenious,


When faced with manipulation, 

Perhaps then, I wouldn’t have witnessed and been an integral part of your cremation. 

No comments: