Saturday, February 26, 2022

Gone



Contrary to popular belief,
Souls infact feel no grief,

I know the exact moment you left our forever house,
And the exact moment, you decided to leave me, without a rouse,

You asked, "Can I go now?",
In that familiar sing-song way, and didn't bother waiting for a final ciao,

You closed that door for me, even as a soul,
My decision making abilities you stole,

In life and in death,
I saw that plant stand, you had your eye on for so long this morning and I felt my breath,

Turning laboured and slow,
It had a beautiful glow,

I wonder if you would have liked it,
We were slowly building an indoor garden, bit by bit,

You're gone, even as a soul,
You're not my husband anymore, you've donned another role,

I wish you well,
I pray this time, you have the ability to quell,

Wrong doers who pose to be your "well wishers",
Who love you for you, instead of being heartless fishers,

Of your precious time and hard-earned wealth,
I only wish them ill-health,

And often wonder why such venom are still alive,
While you still had so much left to live for and strive,

I'm letting you go, just as you have let me go,
Whichever house you're reborn into, I hope they know,

They've got a gem of a soul,
Honest, loyal and hardworking, with an insatiable love for rock and roll,

Bye pupu,
I hope we meet again, in another time and life, to continue driving each other cuckoo,

You will always be my first love,
But I think it's time to stop being a mourning dove.

No comments: