Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Bombay


Bombay, the start and end of our lives,
It gave us a fiery drive,

Hope, dreams and a love,
So bright, that we dove,

Straight into that feeling,
Without realising, we’d have to face a lifetime of dealing,

With repercussions,
All the discussions,

We’d ever have,
Would be meaningless, in the face of this reality of being halved,

Bombay, the city of Mia Cucina, Clearing House, 
And our forever house,

I’m never going back,
To a city or a house, where I know I’ll never get you back,

Just thinking about those roads,
Fills my heart and head, with a heavy load,

Sometimes I wish I never met you,
Then I wouldn’t have a clue,

About how true love looked and felt like,
Now I’m impaled with a painful spike,

Deep inside my entire being,
I’m being held back, only for my son’s well being,

I know what I would have done,
If we didn’t have a son,

Maybe this is my purpose in life,
To raise him well and step back when he takes a wife,

What other choice do I have anyway?
With you forever gone and eternally away.

No comments: