Sunday, January 23, 2022

A Great Husband


You were petrified of swimming pools,

Yet, you happily dove into the deep ocean waters for me to observe a school,


You hated all things Disney and Mickey Mouse,

Still, you took me to Disneyland and shook hands with the legendary Mouse,


I’ve lost track of the number of times you took me to have hot chocolate,

While you drank the restaurant’s terrible tasting black coffee, looking utterly desolate,


To make up for your weekly absence,

Your son and you, indulged in childlike nonsense,


All weekend long,

Until I smacked you both headlong,


You were the best husband and father in the world,

Always remember that, wherever you are, underworld, afterworld or the netherworld,


We lived for you,

And we continue living for you, 


There was never an us, without you,

Riaan and I, love you, through and through,


You will always be his silly baba and my dearest poopie,

In life and in death, so stick around and be snoopy. 

No comments: