Tuesday, January 25, 2022

You’re Everywhere

Stepped out with dad this morning,

For some grocery shopping and temporarily forgot my mourning,


That was until I saw a familiar blue car,

One that looked just like Baba’s big blue car,


Next, my eyes fell on a newly opened Starbucks outlet,

That caught my breath,


You’re everywhere,

In the dawara of lip smacking filter coffee and on a Starbucks chair,


Even in your death,

You won’t allow me to take easy breaths,


Do you think you’re being fair,

Your son has learnt your favourite swear,


He uses the word liberally,

And quite skilfully,              


Much to the horror of his grandparents,

I blame it on you, the naughty parent,


Who taught him the word in the first place,

Bought your favourite chocolate date today, the one that always brought a smile to your face,


Picked up a Haldiram’s Pani Puri set as well,

It always made your heart swell,


I hate to admit it,

Your nasty chaat eating habit, I’m unable to quit,


Wonder what else I’ve picked up from you,

Only time will tell, without further ado.

No comments: