Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Our Forever House


Whether you were influenced by external factors,

Or got bulldozed into it and purchased a 3BHK blindly, like a brainless yet efficient tractor,


I’ll never know, 

What I do know,


Is that you wanted to see your son grow,

In our forever house, from a human clay dough,


You had dreams and desires for the three of us,

You wanted me to head back to work and put your son on a school bus,


You left my career decisions to me,

And told me to pick a good school for our bee,


You would stand by us,

As always, rock solid, without too much fuss,


You trusted every decision I took for the baby,

Any suggestion I had for the house however, was always met with a maybe,


You did have a better sense of interior decor,

Still, some of your statement art pieces, induced many a snore,


So, you allowed me to hang them in the bathroom,

While the ones I chose, were placed prominently in the living and dining room,


“Admit defeat, your taste in art is terrible”

“No, I love you and just want to see you smile. Your taste in art is truly unbearable” 


I was taken aback by your reply,

For once, you accepted and cherished my silence along with blushing eyes,


Whether you liked me talking or not,

I’ll never know, for if I spoke too little, you’d say, “What’s wrong?”, if I spoke too much, you’d screech, like a kettle pot,


Now I have lots of people to talk to,

But none of them are you,


I miss you,

All day, all night and in the afternoons too. 

No comments: