Thursday, January 27, 2022

No Closure

You weren’t sick,

You trained your brain to work really quick,


You weren’t old,

Far from it, you were young, quietly aggressive and super bold, 


You got a little nervous before critical client presentations,

But you maintained excellent relations,


With all your professional stakeholders,

A little too excellent, for they were the ones who held your shoulders, 


During your final fall,

Just before, I received that surreal phone call,


I was confident even then,

That you would rise up again,


From perhaps a minor surgery or nervous breakdown,

The last thing I expected was to see you lying down,


With your eyes permanently closed,

Looking motionlessly composed,


So how can I ever have closure,

Or maintain composure,


When you never said goodbye,

Your son couldn’t even look you in the eye,

 

Or accept that you’re dead,

He just thinks that you’ve just fled,


Into the stars without him,

Silly little baba, with his unreasonable whims,


I don’t bother correcting him,

Instead, I promise to take him for a swim,


And hold his hand and reassure him,

That I’m never leaving him, 


Not until he buys a wife from the wedding shop,

His words, not mine, so I’m teaching him to use a mop,


So that he can be an equal partner in marriage,

As opposed to being someone, whose brain is always on an egotistical carriage.

No comments: