Tuesday, January 18, 2022

You Tried


Not a single birthday or anniversary went by,

Without you making a huge hue and cry,

My gift for you had to be in place,                        

And it had to be unique, thoughtful and from outer space!


Your demands were amusing and childlike,          

But I was happy to meet them, just to watch you broadcast it from a mic,


Valentine’s Day, Poopiversary, Wedding Anniversary and Birthday,                                      

Each day with you, had shades of black, white and grey,


Food, was always the answer to every fight,        

Then try as I might,


A single whiff of Gajar Halwa or a nibble of Theobroma brownie,                                                  

Was all it took, to make me go weak in the knees,


You used this knowledge to your advantage,      

Successfully put out fires, before further damage,


Your weapons were elaborate flower bouquets and massive heart shaped chocolate cakes,      

Honestly, I preferred bouquets loaded with fried chicken and thick gooey shakes,


But the tied up blossoms and the cocoa overload,                                                                      

Made me temporarily forget, that I was a lock and key wife, who was all alone, in a husbandless abode,


So you tried, with all your might,                              

To make things right,


But in all honesty,                                                      

No gourmet cakes, flowers or expensive chocolates could ever replace you,


Sweet, precious you,                                                  

Who I loved fanatically, through and through,


If I had to re-live our life together,                          

I would happily go back to ruffling many feathers, 


Just to be with you,                                                    

Remember Joe Goldberg from "You",


I would be that dude for you,                                    

I'd kill, chop and plunder, just to be with strange, twisted, sweet, pure, paranoid, sensitive, goofy, dirty-minded you. 

No comments: