Friday, January 14, 2022

Beautiful, Vibrant You


You are not the motionless body,
I found covered under a white sheet that looked utterly shoddy,

You are not the closed eyes and blue lips,
With your formal green shirt roughly pulled out of your hips,

You are not a barechested body, covered roughly with CPR marks,
You were infact a loving father who played with your son in parks,

You are not an ice-cold body turning black,
With your folded hands rising up rigidly like an unnatural airsac,

You are not a deadbody attracting flies,
You were in reality, a secret lover of crispy, golden french fries,

You are not a lump of meat on whom I applied ghee,
You were a family man, a maker of three,

You are not grey ashes in a tiny clay pot,
Which I sprinkled in the Bangana Tank under the extreme heat,

You are Riaan's baba and my poopie,
The bringer of peace, love, happiness and occasional whoopie,

You were the boy and man, I fell madly in love with,
You captured my heart with ease, like a skilled locksmith,

You captured my imagination as well,
And understood the weird workings of my brain a little too well,

With you gone, 
The whole world looks wrong,

Everyday is a struggle,
There's just too much to juggle. 

No comments: